Jack Russell Terriers...
Advice You Can Trust
By Michele Welton. Copyright © 2000-2015
What's Good About 'Em,
What's Bad About 'Em.
The most honest dog breed review you'll ever find. Temperament, personality, behavior, traits, and characteristics. As an Obedience Instructor and Breed Selection Consultant for over 30 years, I give you my honest opinions about the breed – I hold nothing back.
Frequently Asked Questions about the traits and characteristics of Jack Russell Terriers.
I'll show you how to teach your Jack Russell Terrier puppy or adult dog to listen to you and do what you say. My training methods are based on respect and sensible leadership. No hitting, yelling, choke collars, shock collars, or clicker training.
Learn about the best dog foods, vaccinations and booster shots (needed or not?), natural treatments for Jack Russell Terrier health problems, spaying and neutering pros and cons, and more.
Good breeders versus bad breeders – how to tell the difference. Adopting your Jack Russell Terrier from a rescue group. Temperament tests for evaluating Jack Russell Terrier puppies and adult dogs for sale or adoption.
Quick Tips about Jack Russell Terriers
- Jack Russell Terrier Size
- Most Jack Russell Terriers stand 12-15 inches (some canine registries also allow 10-12 inches). Weight is 10-17 pounds.
- Jack Russell Terrier Coat
- Smooth (shorthaired), Rough (very scruffy), or Broken (in between Smooth and Rough). All three coats SHED, with shedding being especially constant in the smooth coat.
- Jack Russell Terrier Build
- Can be square (height equal to length) or short-legged with a long back.
- Also known as
- JRT, Parson Russell Terrier, and just plain old Russell Terrier, depending on which canine organization he happens to be registered with. See my Jack Russell Terrier FAQ for more info on this confusion.
- Jack Russell Terror (pretty funny!) or Terrior
Copyright © 2000-2015 by Michele Welton. All rights reserved.
No part of this website may be copied, displayed on another website,
or distributed in any way without the express permission of the author.