My puppy training guide, Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, shows you how to teach your puppy to be respectful. A puppy who respects you will do whatever you say and will stop whatever he's doing when you tell him "No."
Do any of these behaviors look familiar? My book teaches you how to correct these behavior problems and many more. Over 50,000 puppy owners are using my Respect Training Program to teach their puppy to be well-behaved.
Barking too much
Won't let go of things
Getting into trash
(starts on page 19)
Jumping on people
(starts on page 20)
Growling, guarding food
Pulling on leash
(starts on page 183)
people or other dogs
(starts on page 208)
won't stand still
(starts on page 19)
Chasing the cat
gets into trouble
(starts on page 19)
If your puppy does any of these things, don't feel bad. You're not alone. Many thousands of puppy owners have emailed me with these same problems. And hundreds (many hundreds) have hired me to HELP them with these problems.
In my experience, 99 out of 100 owners say their dog's behavior could be "better".
How do you get your puppy's behavior to be better?
Obedience classes are too hectic and the exercises your puppy learns are not very useful.
Not by obedience training! That may surprise you, coming from an obedience instructor. But it's true. When your puppy goes to obedience class, he learns to sit, stay, lie down, come.....on-leash. Performing a few rote exercises on-leash doesn't stop behavior problems. Lots of dogs "ace" an obedience class, but as soon as they get home and that leash comes off, they go right back to misbehaving.
No, obedience training won't get your puppy to listen to you. But Respect Training will. Respect Training is MORE than obedience training.
Respect Training teaches your puppy to:
- Listen to you.
- Pay attention to you.
- Follow your directions.
- Let you do ANYTHING with him.
- Stop doing whatever he's doing when you say, "No."
When your puppy respects you, he looks up to you. He will do anything for you, and he trusts you to do anything with him. A respect-based relationship is what makes a dog a terrific companion.
© 2010 Revised Edition, 328 pages
See full cover
That's why I wrote Teach Your Dog 100 English Words.....to show you how to raise a well-behaved dog by teaching him useful, practical words – and you must teach them in a specific and sensible way that instills in him a respectful attitude.
You'll learn all the right things to say and do so that your puppy listens to you. You'll learn what to do if you tell him to do something and he doesn't obey. All puppies misbehave at one time or another. How you respond when your puppy misbehaves is very, very important. If you respond the wrong way, your puppy will keep misbehaving. Respond the right way and he will start listening to you.
No hitting. No yelling. No choke collars or shock collars.
|So if you have a new puppy and you want him to grow up with perfect behavior, you need to start right now establishing the right relationship of respect. Then you will never see behavior problems in your dog.
|If you have a puppy who is currently misbehaving, you've lost his respect. But not to worry....I'll show you how to get it back.|
What will your puppy learn in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words?
Well, it might be quicker to tell you what he WON'T learn – he won't learn how to herd sheep. Sorry! What he WILL learn is everything he needs to know to be an excellent family companion. He will learn to:
Quick! Someone send this nice lady a copy of my book! Follow my respect training progam and your dog won't steal from you.
- Immediately stop whatever he's doing when you say, "No." See all those misbehaving dogs in the pictures above? You'll be able to stop every one of those behaviors – and many more – with a single word. This is the most important lesson your puppy will ever learn...I'll show you exactly how to teach it. (see Chapter 3)
- Listen attentively when spoken to. Imagine a dog who pays close attention to what you say!
- Go to the bathroom where you want him to go – and nowhere else. (read Chapter 9)
- "Come" when called. Always. (pages 146-152)
- Never run away from you. Never. (pages 34-38)
- Stop barking when you tell him to. (see Chapter 14)
- Greet guests politely. No jumping on people. (complete cure for this on page 199)
Oh, yes, he's cute! But boots are expensive, shoelaces can strangle his intestines, and a puppy who is destroying your belongings is learning to be DISrespectful. I'll show you how to channel your cute lil guy's playfulness into good manners.
More of what your puppy will learn in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words
- Respect your belongings, which means leave them alone and don't chew them up!
- Accept touching on any part of his body. No more struggling or fussing when you try to groom or bathe him, or when you brush his teeth or clip his nails. (Chapter 10)
- Walk politely on the leash. No more towing you down the street. (pages 183-191)
- Lie down when told – and STAY lying down for up to a half-hour – even if you walk away. (pages 130-138)
- Take treats gently from your hand. No grabbing. (page 126)
- Get along peacefully with strangers and other dogs. (Chapter 15)
- Open his mouth and let go when you need to take something from him. No more tug-of-war with your socks and underwear. (pages 234-235)
"It's like this light bulb went on in their heads"
"I have three Goldens who are good natured goofballs. I love them dearly but when they get excited they don't pay much attention to me.
– Deb Gulick
For your puppy's well-being, he absolutely must know how to...
- WAIT inside your door or gate when it opens... until you tell him he can go through. Even if there are distractions tempting him outside. When you think of how often doors and gates open (usually every day), this lesson alone is worth the price of the whole book. (pages 152-159)
- Wait inside your car without jumping out, even when the doors open. (pages 159-160)
- Drop whatever is in his mouth when you tell him to. You never know what sort of trash he might pick up when going for a walk. (pages 236-237)
- Lie down quickly when you give an Emergency Hand Signal when he's running or playing in the distance. This can be a true lifesaver if you suddenly need to stop your dog in his tracks. (pages 171-175)
- And did I mention coming when called? Every single time. Yes, you can have a dog who always comes when called! (Follow my step by step instructions in Chapter 12)
This young lady has learned my secrets for teaching her puppy to be attentive and to respect her.
|I wrote Teach Your Dog 100 English Words so YOU could train your puppy yourself, at your own pace, in the privacy of your own home. Without spending $50 or $100 on obedience school....without needing to drive to class every week....without having a dozen other owners and puppies milling around you. I've taught public obedience classes, you see. Several hundred public obedience classes. Believe me, they can be barking bedlam – NOT the best environment for learning....for your puppy OR for you. It's just too hectic. And most of these classes are teaching the "cookie training" method, where your puppy obeys only when he's hungry for a treat. With the Respect Training Program in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, your puppy will obey you ALL the time. Because he will respect you.|
Fetch is a fun game to play, and great exercise. Many dogs can learn to fetch a ball, stuffed toy, or frisbee.
Your puppy will learn lots of FUN vocabulary words, too! He will learn how to.....
- Play fetch, retrieving his ball or toy when you throw it. (pages 239-247)
- Do 11 tricks! (Chapter 18)
- Recognize people's names and search for someone who is hiding. (Also known as Hide 'n Seek!) (pages 253-255)
- Search for a specific toy that you ask him to find and bring to you. Lots of fun and a VERY impressive skill in front of your friends. (pages 248-253)
- More....and more....and more.... You and your puppy will love this program!
"Now he minds me and has settled down"
"My puppy Jiro was bouncing off the walls and I was at my wits end. He was a kind puppy but would not listen.
– Aiko Yoshida
NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM YOUR NEW BOOK
Your dog observes your facial expressions and body language whenever you tell him to do something. If you want your dog to listen to you and do what you say, you need to interact with him in all the right ways.....all the time. Then he will listen to you.....all the time.
Things YOU will learn while successfully training your puppy
Your dog is not the only one who will learn good behaviors from my book. You need to learn some new behaviors, too! Most of your puppy's behaviors, you see, are completely dependent upon YOUR behaviors.
That's right, whenever you do anything with your puppy, he judges your tone of voice, facial expression, body language, how you're touching him, how you respond when he does "this" or "that."
As soon as you start doing these things RIGHT, your puppy will start paying attention to you. I'll show you how to interact with your puppy in all the right ways that make him respect you.
In Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, YOU will learn:
- What to do if you say "No!" and your puppy doesn't stop his misbehavior. (pages 80-94) The "No" command is the most important of all. You'll use it to stop any and all misbehavior. You must get this word taught perfectly. That's why I spend an entire chapter on how to teach "No!"
- 3 ways to stop your puppy from misbehaving – without ever touching him.
- 8 common mistakes owners make when teaching "No!". (pages 25-38)
- What you should do if you call your puppy and he doesn't come. (pages 150-152)
- One thing you should NEVER do if your puppy darts away from you when you're trying to catch him. (pages 34-36)
- How to stop your puppy from pulling on the leash. (pages 183-190)
HINT: This isn't how you do it!
....and more....and more....
- How much petting and cuddling is TOO MUCH – and why it isn't good for your puppy. (page 63)
- How to teach your puppy to calm down when you decide playtime is over. (pages 64-65)
- 3 things you should never do if your puppy is afraid of something. (pages 220-222)
- How to deal with fear of thunderstorms, firecrackers, and other loud noises. (page 215)
- How to build an "on-off barking switch" into your puppy! (pages 198-199)
- Why some puppies "pee" when they get excited or nervous – and how to cure it. (pages 104-105)
- A step-by-step socialization program to encourage your puppy to get along well with other people and with other dogs and cats. (pages 215-222)
- How to groom your puppy without getting into World War III. (see Chapter 10)
"A 1000% improvement in his attitude"
"I love my dog Junie, but he was impossible to live with, what with the "accidents" on the floor, chewing the table legs, etc. I was just days away from giving up on him. Now I've seen a 1000% improvement in his attitude toward me. He is his same lovable self but paying attention to me now."
– Andi Sheets
"Anyone can follow this program, no experience needed"
– Andrew Rigatto
"Whatever your dog needs to know, it's in this book""In my humble opinion, this is the most practical course on family dog training you will find anywhere."
– Dennis Appleberry
"His stubbornness is completely gone""This book tells you not only what does work, but what doesn't. Before I bought your book I was doing a lot of the "Doesn't work" and it showed in my Dobermann's stubborn behavior. Now I'm doing what you tell me "Does work" and his stubbornness is completely gone."
– Joseph Adinaro
"Easy to understand and follow""No dog owner can afford to be WITHOUT this book. It is the most sensible teaching program I've ever read. The lessons are easy to understand and easy to follow."
– Connie Hiller
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words is my most popular, best-selling book, and I'd like you to have it for just $19.
I'd also like to give you, absolutely free, a book that will make a big difference in your puppy's life.....11 Things You Must Do Right To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy. I want you to have this book because how healthy your puppy will be in the future depends on the daily care you provide today.....and there are 11 things you must get right. So I want to give you this book for free.
In fact, I have several bonus books I'd like to give you when you order Teach Your Dog 100 English Words.
Free bonus books that will help you care for your puppy
11 Things You Must Do Right To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy
Bonus Book # 1....Feeding, vaccinations, neutering, physical exercise, mental exercise, grooming, safety, much more! Follow the 11 Things You Must Do Right and your puppy should live a long, healthy life and seldom need to visit the vet.
Symptom Checker: The Nose To Tail Checkup
Bonus Book # 2....Use this easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to check your puppy's health on a regular basis, so you can catch health problems when they're still minor and easy to correct. Tells you exactly what's normal and abnormal on every part of your puppy's body.
Purebred Problems: Health Profiles By Breed
Bonus Book # 3....It's hard to find honest information about breed health problems, because breeders don't want to admit to any problems in their favorite breed. But I've done the digging for you, so now you'll know which health problems to be especially watchful for in your breed.
Safest Remedies For Canine Health Problems
Bonus Book # 4....This is the book to turn to if your puppy develops any health problem. You'll learn about symptoms, diagnosis, and the most effective treatments with the fewest side effects. You'll even learn when inexpensive at-home treatments are better options than going to the vet.
Test Your Dog's IQ
Bonus Book # 5....Is your puppy smarter than your best friend's puppy? You'll never know until you test him! These 25 fun tests measure your dog's intelligence and problem-solving skills. Find out how smart your dog really is....or isn't!
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words PLUS your 5 free bonus books cover all the bases of training and feeding and caring for your puppy, which is why I want you to have them ALL.....for just $19.
I charge so little for my books because I know they will make your puppy's life better.....and that will make YOUR life better. I would much rather have many owners read my books for a lower price than have fewer owners read them for a higher price. MY compensation would be the same either way, but at the lower price, more owners and their puppies benefit.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I offer a 100%, 30-day money back guarantee....unconditional....no questions asked. Plain and simple, if you're not satisfied with my book, I'll refund your money. I'm a respected author, and I want you to be happy.
I'm absolutely confident that you will be. Dog owners have been buying my books online since 2002 and my refund rate is an infinitesimal 0.001%. That means 999 people out of a thousand are satisfied. I'm pretty happy about that!
To sum up....
|Teach Your Dog 100 English Words is extremely clear and easy to read. Everything is laid out for you.... what to do.....what not to do.
Every vocabulary word your puppy needs to know to be a top-notch canine citizen is included.
More importantly, I'll show you how to teach those words to your puppy in specific ways so that he respects you. Then he will pay attention to you and follow your directions. All the time. I guarantee it.
Order Teach Your Dog 100 English Words – $19
Follow my Respect Training program and your puppy will look right at you, listen to your words, and do what you say.
No hitting. No yelling. No choke collars or shock collars.