My puppy training guide, Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, shows you how to teach your puppy to be respectful. A puppy who respects you will do whatever you say and will stop whatever he's doing when you tell him "No."
Look at the behavior problems below. Do any of those behaviors look familiar? My book teaches you how to correct these behavior problems and many more. Over 50,000 puppy owners are using my Respect Training Program to teach their puppy to be well-behaved.
If your puppy does any of those things, don't feel bad. You're not alone. For 35 years, dog owners have been calling or emailing me with these same problems. And many hundreds of owners have hired me to HELP them with these problems.
In my experience, 99 out of 100 owners say their dog's behavior could be "better".
How do you get your puppy's behavior to be better?
Not by obedience training! That may surprise you, coming from an obedience instructor. But it's true.
When your puppy goes to obedience class, he learns to sit, stay, lie down, come.... on-leash. Performing a few boring exercises on-leash doesn't stop behavior problems. Lots of dogs "ace" an obedience class. But as soon as they get home and the leash comes off, they go right back to misbehaving.
In fact, I've competed at many obedience trials where the top-winning dog was a holy terror as soon as he exited the ring.
When your dog barks too much, pees in the house, or jumps all over people, a handsome obedience ribbon or certificate doesn't help much.
No, obedience training won't get your puppy to listen to you. But Respect Training will. Respect Training is MORE than obedience training.
Respect Training teaches your puppy to:
- Listen to you.
- Pay attention to you.
- Follow your directions.
- Let you do ANYTHING with him.
- Stop doing whatever he's doing when you say, "No."
When your puppy respects you, he looks up to you. He will do anything for you, and he trusts you to do anything with him. A respect-based relationship is what makes a dog a terrific companion.
That's why I wrote Teach Your Dog 100 English Words.... to show you how to raise a well-behaved dog by teaching him useful, practical words – and you must teach them in a specific way that instills in him a respectful attitude.
You'll learn all the right things to say and do so that your puppy listens to you. You'll learn what to do if you tell him to do something and he doesn't obey. All dogs misbehave at one time or another. How you respond when your puppy misbehaves is very, very important. If you respond the wrong way, your pup will keep misbehaving. Respond the right way and he will start listening to you.
No hitting. No yelling. No choke collars or shock collars. No clicker training.
So if you have a new puppy and you want him to grow up with excellent behavior, you can start right away establishing the right relationship of respect. Then you will never see behavior problems in your adult dog.
If you have a puppy who is currently misbehaving, you've lost his respect. But not to worry.... I'll show you how to get it back.
What will your puppy learn in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words?
Well, it might be quicker to tell you what he won't learn – he won't learn how to herd sheep. Sorry! What he WILL learn is everything he needs to know to be an excellent family companion.
Your puppy will learn to:
- Immediately stop whatever he's doing when you say "No." Remember all those misbehaving dogs in the pics above? You'll be able to stop every one of those behaviors with a single word. This is the most important lesson your puppy will ever learn.... I'll show you exactly how to teach it. (Chapter 3)
- Listen attentively when spoken to. Imagine a dog who pays close attention to what you say!
- Go to the bathroom where you want him to go – and nowhere else. (Chapter 9)
- "Come" when called. Always. (pages 146-152)
- Never run away from you. Never. (pages 34-38)
- Stop barking when you tell him to. (Chapter 14)
- Greet guests politely. No jumping on people. (complete cure for this on page 199)
More of what your puppy will learn in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words
Respect your belongings, which means leave them alone and don't chew them up!
Accept touching on any part of his body. No more struggling or fussing when you try to groom or bathe him, or when you brush his teeth or clip his nails. (Chapter 10)
Walk politely on the leash. No more towing you down the street. (pages 183-191)
Lie down when told – and STAY lying down for up to a half-hour – even if you walk away. (pages 130-138)
Take treats gently from your hand. No grabbing.
Get along peacefully with strangers and other dogs. (Chapter 15)
Open his mouth and let go when you need to take something from him. No more tug-of-war with your socks and underwear. (pages 234-235)
"It's like this light bulb went on in their heads"
"I have three Goldens who are good natured goofballs. I love them dearly but when they get excited they don't pay much attention to me. I tried just a few of your suggestions and it's like this light bulb went on in their heads. This is a great program Michele."
– Deb Gulick
For your puppy's well-being, he absolutely must know how to...
- WAIT inside your door or gate when it opens – until you tell him he can pass through. Even if there are distractions tempting him outside. When you think of how often doors and gates open, this lesson alone is worth the price of the whole book. (pages 152-159)
- Wait inside your car without jumping out, even when the doors open. (pages 159-160)
- Drop whatever is in his mouth when you tell him to. You never know what sort of trash he might pick up when going for a walk. (pages 236-237)
- Lie down quickly when you give an Emergency Hand Signal when he's running or playing in the distance. This can be a true lifesaver if you suddenly need to stop your dog in his tracks. (pages 171-175)
- And did I mention coming when called? Every single time. Yes, you can have a dog who always comes when called! (Follow my step by step instructions in Chapter 12)
Train your puppy AT HOME
I wrote Teach Your Dog 100 English Words so you could train your puppy yourself. At your own pace. In the privacy of your own home.
Without needing to spend $50 or $100 on obedience classes. Without needing to drive to class every week. Without having a dozen other owners and dogs milling around you.
I've taught public obedience classes, you see. Several hundred public obedience classes. Believe me, they can be barking bedlam. Not the best environment for learning, for your puppy OR for you. It's just too hectic.
And many of those classes are teaching the "cookie training" method, where your puppy obeys only when he's hungry for a treat. With my Respect Training Program in Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, your dog will obey you ALL the time. Because he will respect you.
Your puppy will learn lots of FUN words, too! He will learn how to.....
- Play fetch, retrieving his ball or toy when you throw it. (pages 239-247)
- Do 11 tricks! (Chapter 18)
- Recognize people's names, and search for a specific person who is hiding. (Also known as Hide 'n Seek!) (pages 253-255)
- Search for a specific toy that you ask him to find and bring to you. Lots of fun and a very impressive skill in front of your friends. (pages 248-253)
- More....and more....and more.... you and your puppy will love this program!
"Now he minds me and has settled down"
"My puppy Jiro was bouncing off the walls and I was at my wits end. He was a kind puppy but would not listen. Your book explained how to handle misbehaviors in ways that were very sensible. When I started doing this, Jiro understood and now he minds me and has settled down. I am so pleased."
– Aiko Yoshida
Things YOU will learn while successfully training your dog
Your puppy is not the only one who will learn good behaviors from my book. You need to learn some new behaviors, too!
You see, most of your puppy's behaviors depend on YOUR behaviors.
That's right, whenever you do anything with your pup, he observes your tone of voice, the expression on your face, your "body language", and how you respond when he does "this" or "that."
As soon as you start doing those things RIGHT, your puppy will start paying attention to you. I'll show you how to interact with your puppy in all the right ways that make him respect you.
In Teach Your Dog 100 English Words, you will learn:
- What to do if you say "No!" and your puppy doesn't stop what he's doing. (pages 80-94) The "No" command is the most important of all. You'll use it to stop any and all misbehavior. You must teach this word perfectly.
- 3 ways to stop your puppy from misbehaving – without ever touching him.
- 8 common mistakes owners make when teaching "No!" (pages 25-38)
- What you should do if you call your pup and he doesn't come. (pages 150-152)
- One thing you should NEVER do if your puppy darts away from you when you're trying to catch him. (pages 34-36)
- How to stop your puppy from pulling on the leash. (pages 183-190)
HINT: This isn't how you do it!
- How much petting and cuddling is TOO MUCH – and why it isn't good for your dog. (page 63)
- How to teach your puppy to calm down when you decide playtime is over. (pages 64-65)
- 3 things you should never do if your puppy is afraid of something. (pages 220-222)
- How to deal with a dog who is afraid of thunderstorms, firecrackers, or other loud noises. (page 215)
- How to build an "on-off barking switch" into your dog! (pages 198-199)
- Why some young dogs "pee" when they get excited or nervous – and how to cure it. (pages 104-105)
- A step-by-step socialization program to encourage your puppy to get along well with other people and with other dogs and cats. (pages 215-222)
- How to groom your pup without getting into World War III. (Chapter 10)
"A 1000% improvement in his attitude"
"I love my dog Junie, but he was impossible to live with, what with the "accidents" on the floor, chewing the table legs, etc. I was just days away from giving up on him. Now I've seen a 1000% improvement in his attitude toward me. He is his same lovable self but paying attention to me now." – Andi Sheets
"Anyone can follow this program, no experience needed"
"I am completely blown away by your vocabulary and respect program. You've pulled everything together into one solid package of sensible dog training. Anyone can follow this program, no experience needed, and end up with a much better dog."– Andrew Rigatto
"Whatever your dog needs to know, it's in this book"
"In my humble opinion, this is the most practical course on family dog training you will find anywhere." – Dennis Appleberry
"His stubbornness is completely gone"
"This book tells you not only what does work, but what doesn't. Before I bought your book I was doing a lot of the "Doesn't work" and it showed in my Dobermann's stubborn behavior. Now I'm doing what you tell me "Does work" and his stubbornness is completely gone." – Joseph Adinaro
"Easy to understand and follow"
"No dog owner can afford to be WITHOUT this book. It is the most sensible teaching program I've ever read. The lessons are easy to understand and easy to follow." – Connie Hiller
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words is my best-selling, most popular book. I'd like you to have it for just $19.
I'd also like to give you, absolutely free when you order Teach Your Dog, another book that will make a big difference in your puppy's life – 11 Things You Must Do Right To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy. Your puppy's future health depends on the way you're raising him today.... and there are 11 things you must get right. So I want to give you this book for free.
In fact, I want to give you 5 free books when you order Teach Your Dog 100 English Words.
Free bonus books that will help you care for your puppy
11 Things You Must Do Right To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy
Bonus Book # 1.... Feeding, vaccinations, neutering, physical exercise, mental exercise, grooming, safety, much more! Follow the 11 Things You Must Do Right and your dog should live a long, healthy life and seldom need to visit the vet.
Symptom Checker: The Nose To Tail Checkup
Bonus Book # 2.... Use this easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to check your dog's health on a regular basis, so you can catch health problems when they're still minor and easy to correct. Tells you exactly what's normal and abnormal on every part of your dog's body.
Purebred Problems: Health Profiles By Breed
Bonus Book # 3.... It's hard to find honest information about health problems because breeders don't want to admit to problems in their favorite breed. But I've done the digging for you! Now you'll know which health problems to be especially watchful for in your breed.
Safest Remedies For Canine Health Problems
Bonus Book # 4.... This is the book to turn to if your dog develops any health problem. You'll learn about symptoms, diagnosis, and the most effective treatments with the fewest side effects. You'll even learn when inexpensive at-home treatments are better options than going to the vet.
Test Your Dog's IQ
Bonus Book # 5.... Is your dog smarter than your best friend's dog? You'll never know until you test him! These 25 fun tests measure your dog's intelligence and problem-solving skills. Find out how smart your dog really is....or isn't!
This complete package of books covers all the bases of training and caring for your puppy.
That's why I want you to have them ALL.... for just $19.
I charge so little for my books because I know they will make your dog's life better..... and that will make YOUR life better. I would much rather have many owners read my books for a lower price than have fewer owners read them for a higher price. My compensation would be the same either way, but at the lower price more owners and dogs benefit.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
I offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Plain and simple, if you're not satisfied with my book within 30 days, I'll refund your money (shipping is not refundable). I'm a respected author, and I want you to be happy!
I'm absolutely confident that you will be. Dog owners have been buying my books online since 2002 and my refund rate is an infinitesimal 0.1%. That means 999 people out of a thousand are satisfied. I'm pretty happy about that!
To sum up....
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words is extremely clear and easy to read. Everything is laid out for you.... what to do.... what not to do.
Every vocabulary word your puppy needs to know to be a top-notch canine citizen is included.
More importantly, I'll show you how to teach those words to your puppy in specific ways so that he respects you. Then he will pay attention to you and follow your directions. All the time. I guarantee it.
Order Teach Your Dog 100 English Words – $19
Follow my Respect Training program and your pup will look right at you, listen to your words, and do what you say.
No hitting. No choke collars or shock collars. No clicker training.
I'll show you how to teach all the vocabulary words your puppy needs to know, plus calmness, gentleness, acceptance of being handled, housebreaking, crate training, come when called, greet people politely, stop barking, walk nicely on a leash, get along with other pets, obedience training, and much more.
I'll show you how to teach your puppy to stop doing whatever he's doing when you say, "No" and I'll tell you what to do if you tell your pup to do something and he doesn't listen to you.
My Respect Training program has been tested with puppies and adult dogs of all ages and all breeds. So, yes... it will work with your puppy!
Plus you get these 5 bonus books.... FREE
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words
|Start reading immediately on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
|Completely safe, spyware-free, virus-free.
|For PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows tablet, Kindle Fire, or smartphone.
|Frequently asked questions about ebooks
|Click here to do a free practice download
|30-day money-back guarantee
Teach Your Dog 100 English Words
your 5 bonus books on a computer CD
|"Teach Your Dog" is a printed book, 328 pages. The 5 bonus books are PDF ebooks on a computer CD.
|Your BOOK+CD will ship within 24 hours, by US Post Office media mail (low cost) or Priority Mail (fast delivery). International orders ship by First Class International.
|30-day money-back guarantee (except shipping)